Sunday, August 6, 2017

A Ramble through the suit of Swords


The Radiant Rider-Waite Tarot Deck By Virginijus Poshkus 

Published by  U.S. Games Systems, Inc.

When you look at the suit of Swords you do have to wonder if they are a good suit or not.  I mean all those sharp swords to contend with, doesn't always give one a happy feeling. But is this suit really not being understood, especially as it has been known as the "Suit of Sorrow." I want to take a closer look at these cards and see if we can find more joy rather than regret.

Swords is as you probably know is represented by the element Air, this relates to communication, mental activity and logic. Of course who hasn't had negative thoughts. I know I have from time to time, so for example when you look at the
5 of Swords it so easy to see confrontation, arguments. From what I can see though, the image suggests to me that those walking away have taken on more than they can chew. The winner also makes me question whether he has won or not, after all he's left on his own, the others are still together.  

I think the underlying message in this card is one of making one think before they leap into something.  To me it appears to talk of working within one's own limitations. So the 5 does present me with an opportunity to ask myself is the end result worth the effort? Recognise your situation and work within those boundaries to achieve a better result. Good advice from the 5 don't you agree?

As I look at each card in this suit, I see a more positive message that lies underneath the more common one. Each of those messages seems to give me advice on how to overcome the sorrow that the suit portrays. Take a look at the 6 of Swords.  The 6 in general means moving away from what has troubled you, that's positive you say, yes it is. It can speak literally  of moving. But whether it's a change of scene or a change of thought patterns, the positive advice this card appears to give is in the swords that are lodged in the boat. 

The real advice to help you move into more contented times and leave that troubled waters behind is, that you have to consider the negative thought pattern that placed you in that situation.  If you take it with you you'll never be free.  Good positive advice again from the suit of sorrows.

I could ramble on though all the cards, but I guess what I'm saying really is, when Swords appear look beyond the obvious to find that gem of advice that can help remove any mental blocks and bring back clarity. Clarity of thought which in turn can bring enlightenment to a situation from where the a new beginning could present itself.

Credit for Cards Shown
The Radiant Rider-Waite Tarot Deck By Virginijus Poshkus  - Published by  U.S. Games Systems, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do share your thoughts on the post. I would love to hear them.